Saturday 11 May 2013

Along Came Betty All Concealed & Starlight Shine

During my weekly Tesco food shop a couple of weeks ago my eyes were drawn to some very Soap & Glory-esque packaging in the beauty aisle. Along Came Betty is a relatively new beauty product line to be introduced in Tesco and seeing as I'm a magpie for pretty things, I just had to pick a couple of items up.


First up is the All Concealed concealer kit, which I bought in Fair/Medium. This nifty little product comes with two concealers (one of a thicker consistency for hiding blemishes and another, creamier concealer for under eye circles) and also a little pot of eye brightening powder. Being somebody who despises my dark circles I just had to buy this.



This is a pretty good concealer and I'm quite impressed with the coverage it gives on my under eye circles. The concealer is very creamy and can feel a little greasy when you put it on, but the coverage is buildable. However, when you apply the brightening powder (which I apply with a powder brush) the concealer is instantly set and feels smooth to the touch. Below are before and after pictures so you can see the coverage for yourself.
 Before
After



 I also picked up the Starlight Shine highlighter, which comes in a chunky stick. The consistency feels very smooth and the colour is lovely, more of a golden shimmer.


This doesn't add a huge amount of shimmer which is a good thing. Again, it is buildable. On the skin this perhaps feel a tiny with waxy, but looks okay and doesn't cake at all. Hopefully you can see in the below photo the nice amount of highlight it gives to me cheekbones.


Have you used any of the Along Came Betty products? 


2 comments: