Friday 10 May 2013

The Influences of the Internet Tag


I came across this tag on youralmostalice and thought I'd give it a pop!

Did other blogs convince you to start up your own?
Actually no, other blogs didn't convince me to start up my own. I started this blog in 2008 purely because I wanted to express my opinion on designer fashion. However, other blogs did convince me to continue blogging regularly (after only blogging once a year if lucky)

Have you joined a site because someone else in the blogosphere did?
Yeah, bloglovin. It's a great site to catch up with all your favourite bloggers on one site.

Is there a tip/regime you've got from the Internet that you use now?
I've learned so many tips from the internet, especially with hair tools such as Enrapture Totem Styler. I don't think there are any beauty regimes I now commit to as a result.

If your favourite Youtuber/blogger likes a product, will that make you buy it?
It certainly makes me research the product a little more. Recently I bought Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation and Rimmel Apolocalips off the back off blogger recommendations.

What do you look for in a blog that makes you want to follow?
Ooh, lots of thing! If they have a pretty blog, if they feature the types of products I can afford (not all high end stuff), if I like they're writing style. But more importantly... if they have nice hair!

Have you ever been deceived by a product that you ordered online? (e.g you thought it would be pink but it was coral)
I'm sure I have plenty of times but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Have promo pictures and press releases given you the impression that a product will be better than it is?
Oh all the time! That's what advertising is for. I recently bought Garnier Perfect Blur primer and it sounded amazing. But I am very disappointed.

Is there a product you could give a 'cult' status for being so good that you discovered through the internet?
They're pretty new but the Rimmel Apocalips are on their way to legend status.

Is there a product you've tried and hated but others have loved?
I wouldn't go as far as 'hate', but there have been some I'm not too impressed with such as Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer and Benefit Erase Paste.

Is there a blogger/Youtuber who influences your fashion style? If so, who?
I don't think I've ever gone out and bought an item of clothing influenced by another blogger, but I really do admire dizzybrunette3's style.

Is there a blogger/Youtuber who influences your attitude each day/lifestyle?
Hmm, I think I'll have to go with Zoella on this one... just because she's so damn hilarious!

How much time do you spend on the Internet daily?
Probably more than I think I do... dangers of having an iPhone!



So I hope that helped you guys learn a little more about me. Do you like these kinds of post? Let me know.



1 comment:

  1. I love reading these sorts of posts, I think we have tons in common! :) I so want to try the Wake Me Up Foundation, you must do a review!!<3

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete