Friday 31 May 2013

Spotlight On... John Frieda Glossing Mist

So it's rare that I'm not raving about some amazing new products I find. I've never really done a negative review on any product... until now.


Okay, so my first impressions of the John Frieda Glossing Mist were pretty bad. It smells like cheap hairspray and at first I though it made my hair look really greasy. This product claims to provide 100% shine and 100% brilliance. Not impressed so far. As you can see in the two pictures below, my one-day-old hair is looking pretty gross after using this. And my god, the chemical list! Cyclopentasiloxane, Bis-phenylpropyl Dimethicone... I say no more!


 The product itself it very easy to use, simply spray 20-30cm away from the head onto dry hair. Roughly 10 minutes after applying the greasiness seemed to die down (phew) but I don't feel like I was left with a massive amount of shine, no more so than usual anyway. I was expecting super glossy Kate Middleton-esque hair, but no such luck with this product.



Does anyone have any recommendations for a shine serum or spray? I'd love to know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment