Monday 22 April 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation and Concealer

I bought the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation and Concealer last week after seeing great reviews for both products on Boots.com and I'd seen the foundation featured in several YouTube videos. Both products are pretty cheap, with the foundation retailing at £8.99 and the concealer at £5.49.


Left: Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in 010 Ivory. Right: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in 103 True Ivory

I was especially excited about trying the concealer as several people had commented on the product reviews that it was a high coverage concealer and the best they've ever tried! If you have watched my make up routine video, you'll know that I despise my dark circles and so I'm always looking for an amazing new concealer. The concealer comes with a handy applicator tip, much like a lip gloss and I simply smooth this under my eye and pat it in with my finger. In my opinion, this concealer doesn't do an amazing job. It's okay, pretty mediocre. I wouldn't say it was bad, I was just expecting more. I will still use it every day along with my Clinique Airbrush Concealer as I can see that it does make a difference. I don't know, maybe it was just hyped up too much in the reviews

Left: Before using Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. Right: After using Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer.

 I'm really impressed with the foundation! It looks really dark in the bottle and on my hand, but it blends in so nicely and has a gorgeous citrus scent. A lot of the reviews on Boots were complaining that this foundation had too much glitter in it and leaves you looking like a glitterball/Edward Cullen lookalike, but I didn't find this to be the case at all, even in bright sunlight. My skin is normal/dry and this foundation gives me a lovely natural looking glow. The two pictures below show my face before and after applying the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. In the first picture, my freckles are evident and my skin looks a little dull and matte. In the second picture, you can see how the foundation has covered my freckles, though still looks very natural, and that I have a slight sheen to my face now. From now on, this is definitely my go-to foundation! I love it!

 Top: Before applying Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. Bottom: After applying Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation




2 comments:

  1. Nice review. I've really wanted to try this for a while, I bought it yesterday and I'm looking forward to trying it.

    Paige x

    www.curlygurlymoments.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've reviewed the foundation but yet to try the concelear - it looks like great coverage!

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    Claire
    xxx

    ReplyDelete