Friday 13 September 2013

eos Strawberry Sorbet Lip Balm

I have a confession... I purchased this eos lip balm after seeing it in a Miley Cyrus music video. How very shameful. I know they've been around for quite a long time now but they're quite hard to get hold of in the UK. I ordered mine from Amazon and it was shipped from the US.


I got the Strawberry Sorbet flavour and my god, this stuff smells good! 

The eos lip balms claim to be 95% organic and 100% natural which is a bonus, and also Paraben and Petrolatum free. It contains Shea butter, well known for it's skin-softening properties, and vitamin E. All sounds pretty good.

The packaging is the main attraction of this product to be honest. It's just quite a novelty but actually makes the application pretty easy. The top clicks back into place so no coming off in the bottom of your handbag.


I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I purchased this lip balm for £3.55, plus £1.99 postage so £5.54 altogether. Whilst this product does make my lips pretty soft and smells amazing, I don't think it does a particularly amazing job. The lack of chemical ingredients is pretty appealing in this product, but I own a fairtrade lip balm containing all natural ingredients which I feel does a far better job (and I actually received it free as a favour at a wedding!)

Personally, I don't think I'll bother purchasing this again once it's run out. For the high price, for a lip balm, and difficulty to get hold of it I would expect it to be a much more impressive lip balm. It really only comes down the novelty factor and the 'cool' status that it holds over in the US.

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try some EOS balms, but I keep seeing reviews of them similar to yours - that they don't actually do a great job a moisturizing the lips... That's the whole purpose of a balm and if it doesn't do that, it can look as cute as it wants to... :D

    Maja, Pink Mascara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's just nothing spectacular. The packaging is a novelty and that's about it x

      Delete