Friday 19 July 2013

UBU Smoke Screen Smokey Eye Brush Kit

On a recent shopping trip to Tesco I had a little rummage through the sale items in the beauty section and came across a little gem for only £2.00 (reduced from £6.50). This 3 set of UBU (Urban Beauty United) brushes were to become a lovely little addition to my eye brush collection. I have to admit, I had never heard of UBU so I was a little sceptical before buying. UBU do a whole range of makeup brushes, the bristles of which are colour-coded for their different role (purple is for the eyes, yellow for base and pink for powder). You can view the whole range on their website. These brushes are available to purchase at Tesco or Asda.








































This is the Smoke Screens Smokey Eye Brush Kit and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with such bargainous items. The set includes a tapered blending brush, eye defining brush and smudging brush. All 3 brushes feel of great quality and are super soft. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any information anywhere as to what these brushes are made of, though I'm assuming they're synthetic.























The tapered blending brush is great for doing exactly what it says on the tin - blending! The bristles are extremely soft and so in no way irritate the eyes. This has fast become one of my favourite eye brushes. Next up is the eye defining brush, an angled brush that is great for applying eyeshadow close to the lash line but would also be handy for filling in eyebrows. Again, this brush is very soft which can make heavy application (for when you want a dark, dramatic eye) a little more difficult. Last up is the smudging brush which I have not actually used for smudging. The size of this brush make it perfect for applying eyeshadow into the crease. The bristles on this brush are quite short, so a lot stiffer than the other two brushes.

Have you used any of the UBU brushes? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment