Wednesday 28 August 2013

Essie Bobbing for Baubles and Matte About You

I've been wanting to try a Matte top coat for such a long time now, and on a recent trip to my nearest Boots I picked up the Essie Matte About You top coat along with the beautiful Bobbing For Baubles.























Bobbing for Baubles is a beautiful dark navy-grey which I came across on Pinterest and instantly fell in love with. It honestly has the most beautiful formula and the colour is so intense that I actually only needed to apply one coat.

The colour is amazing - such a gorgeous almost-black navy which looks amazingly chic and sophisticated. I was worried about looking a little 'gothic' with dark nail varnish but I don't feel it looks that way at all.

Once my nails were completely dry I then applied one coat of the Essie Matte About You mattifying top coat. I've never used a mattifying top coat before but I was amazed with the results. Best of all, the top coat was pretty fast drying.

I then decided to add an accent nail on my right hand using Maybelline Forever Strong Pro in Winner Takes It All, a beautiful, rich gold colour which I also added the matte top coat to.

I am honestly in love with the results of this. It looks so classy and sophisticated and the matte top coat gives it something extra special. Next I would like to try a dark, matte nail with glossy metallic tips, or glitter accents.

Have you tried a matte top coat? What do you think of the finished look?

No comments:

Post a Comment