Monday 26 August 2013

The Body Shop Radiant Highlighter

I absolutely adore using highlighter, I do! I love to highlight my cheekbones, brow bones, the bridge of my nose... all sorts. I will go as far as to say that I apply it literally all over my face - it's true! Lately I've gone back to my trusty mineral foundation and as mentioned in previous posts my skin is just so darn dull so I've taken to using highlighter as a primer to give me a little glow.

Previously I was using No7 Skin Illuminator, which is a lovely little product and makes my skin look glorious but the packaging is just so bloody useless that I've given up on it. I picked up this The Body Shop Radiant Highlighter whilst they had a 3 for 2 offer on, in which I picked up this Lipscuff and the aforementioned mineral foundation.








































This highlighter comes in a tube (much easier than the stupid brush applicator that came on the No7 product) and I love the sleek design of the packaging. At £12.00 it's not the cheapest highlighter around but so far I'm really enjoying using it.

As mentioned before I have been applying this to my whole face to try and give me an overall glow and I'm impressed with the results. I simply apply this product to my face, concentrating on the cheeks and nose and I rub in using my fingertips. Underneath mineral foundation the effect this gives me is a soft, subtle glow, not at all sparkly or overly shiny. This photograph was taken in natural sunlight and has had no editing so I hope you can see the glow I have to my cheeks and the bridge of my nose.































Of course, you may well want to apply the product over foundation (as is intended) and for this I think it does a great job. It is really easy to apply and blends in beautifully, and such a tiny amount will go a long way. In the below pictures I've applied the product to my hand and simply smoothed in with my fingers. I'm not sure if this makes sense but in my opinion it gives quite a matte shine, it's not particularly shimmery just glowy.















It really does look beautiful if you apply it to your cheekbones. Here I've applied it using my fingertips but a makeup sponge or a brush such as the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush would give a beautiful, soft finish. It is applied over mineral foundation and didn't at all cake up my foundation or some other adverse affect. I've not yet tried it over liquid foundation but I can't imagine this having any negative affect on that either.




















Overall I am really impressed with this product and I'm pretty sure I'll buy again. For me it's perfect for both applying an overall glow to my face and highlighting any specific areas. The price may seem steep for only 25ml of product, but as such a small amount is needed to create a beautiful effect I expect this should last me quite a long time.

Have you used The Body Shop highlighter? Or do you have any other favourite highlighter?

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely and natural on you, I'm using MAC Lightscapade at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've not used that one before. My skin is just so dull x

      Delete