Friday 30 August 2013

The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation


Now I'm a big lover of mineral foundation and I've been using the No7 version for quite a few years now. I'm really lucky with my skin so I can get away with minimal coverage. I'd run out of my trusty No7 mineral foundation so I decided to try something new - along comes The Body Shop with a 3 for 2 offer on make up and this was one item I picked up.























Mineral foundations are pretty good for your skin as most, including this one, don't include any synthetic ingredients, perfumes or any other irritants. Mineral foundations are as close as you can get to wearing nothing on your face. For that reason mineral foundation is also perfect for those with sensitive skin. Also the majority of mineral foundations contain and SPF, bonus!

I do really enjoy using this product. I find that it does give my skin a lovely, natural finish with a soft radiance. I apply using a Kabuki brush from No7 and I apply only the smallest amount to my skin. It doesn't cake and doesn't sink into my fine lines like some liquid foundations do. You also don't get the dreaded 'tide marks' effect on your jawline as the powder blends into your skin tone effortlessly. I don't think it looks like I'm wearing any makeup when using this product. As cheesy as it sounds, it's my skin but better!

My only small gripe with this product is that I feel the packaging is too small to fit in most kabuki brushes, resulting in a pretty big mess. The No7 mineral foundation I was using before had larger packaging and my Kabuki brush could comfortably dip into the pot. I am guessing that The Body Shop's own Kabuki brush is much smaller, therefore better suited to their products (a ploy to get you to buy their brush?). But that really is a small issue and won't put me off buying in future. Besides, I really do need a new Kabuki brush!


The above picture shows the finish I get when using The Body Shop Virgin Minerals Loose Powder Foundation, in conjunction with their radiance highlighter. I really am pleased with this product and it's one that I will continue to use for the coming months. The product is fairly pricey, £15.00 for a measley 5g of product but you really do need such a small amount to create a beautiful finish so I think it shall last me quite a while.

Have you used mineral foundations before? What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment